I have seen refusals stating the amount you stated is 3x,4x your disposable income.

My mum-in-law would be responsible for my accommodation and maintenance in the UK. Does it mean she would be paying financially towards my visit?

When they ask "How much do you earn each month after-tax," I am a salaried worker with £250.00 income monthly and also an Entrepreneur with annual income of £1500.00. Should I combine the two incomes?

When they ask "What is your employment status," can i choose Employed, and Self employed at the same time?

Edit: My business is registered with a guarantee income, my primary occupation is IT technician. I was refused family visit visa based on the amount stated as the cost of my travel is six times my disposable income. I am a Ghanaian.

  • 1
    1. In effect yes - otherwise you’d have to pay for lodgings and food yourself, and thus the intended cost of the trip to you personally would be higher. 2. I’d put the entrepreneur income under the subsequent ‘other income’ category, assuming it’s not guaranteed income. 3. No, choose the category that best describes your primary occupation. You can explain further if you need to in the ‘Additional Information’ section at the end of the application. – Traveller Aug 24 at 15:11
  • this needs more details still. Did you get a refusal or have you just heard that others got refusals? What is your citizenship? How long do you plan to visit for? What ties do you have to your home country? – Kate Gregory Aug 24 at 18:02
  • 1
    @Traveller come on, you shouldn't answer in comments, right? – Kate Gregory Aug 24 at 18:03
  • 1
    @Mensah Akwasi No-one can tell you what the cost to your mother-in-law should be, that’s up to you to decide along with her. Unfortunately, by UK standards your income is very low, so affordability and proportionality to your income is always going to be problematic, even with a sponsor. With one refusal already you’ll need to put in a watertight application to stand any chance of success. – Traveller Aug 24 at 20:16
  • 1
    Honestly, unless you have other very strong ties to your home country, or you have a sponsor with a lot of money you can rely on, you can forget about getting a visitor visa. Your total income is less than the cost of living in the UK. Any trip to the UK would represent many many many months of your disposable income. You would just be seen as someone trying to enter the UK who would never leave. – jcaron Aug 24 at 22:39

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.