I am an Indian national living in US. I recently had a denial for Schengen visa from the Swiss consulate. The reason for refusal was:
The information submitted regarding justification for the purpose and conditions of the intended stay was not reliable.
I have been going to Europe extensively for the past 3 years (every 2-3 months or so) and have had 5 visa approvals prior to this rejection. So I was a bit stunned by the rejection. I am trying to decide whether to appeal the decision. I know that I will not get a response in time for the trip so this appeal is just to clear my name and not to answer any questions of visa refusals in future. I have following questions:
- Does the fact that I cannot make the trip influence the final decision of the Swiss authority? As in, would they automatically reject my appeal knowing that the trip is no longer possible? I have non-refundable air tickets but have cancelled hotels since the flight is in 3 weeks.
- I have a trip to Spain planned at the end of November and I am planning to apply to Spanish consulate in mid-September. Would a pending appeal influence their decision?
Just to re-iterate, I would like to appeal mainly to clear the refusal as I do think I provided all the documentation that was necessary. I will be adding additional documents to bolster my claim this time around. But judging by the time it takes to get a decision it won't be possible to make the trip. So I want to know if my appeal will still be valid and whether I can apply for a visa from a different consulate while the appeal is ongoing