I am from India, studying in the UK. I have a B1/B2 USA visa. I haven’t travelled to the USA. Is it possible that if I can travel directly to Mexico from the UK without entering the USA, by using the USA visa?


Yes. There are plenty of flights that allow this from the UK, and if you have a visa from countries such as the US like mentioned you can use this to enter Mexico.

if you have a valid visa for countries like the USA, Canada, Japan and the UK, or if you have a valid Schengen visa, you do not require a separate visa for up to 180 days of stay in Mexico. (source, another source)

Things to note: Your passport should be valid for 6 months beyond arrival, and you should check if the US visa the appropriate type. If the nature of your visit is tourism, you should have a visa that falls under this category for example.

  • Thank you so much for your quick reply. It means I can travel to Mexico directly from Uk, even though I haven’t been to the USA and I am transitioning from USA? I am just being worried that if I travel, then they don’t let me enter Mexico. 🤣 – Mini Aug 21 at 10:33
  • The official government have said as long as you have one of those countries visas, and it is valid, then you can enter :) – Uciebila Aug 21 at 10:36
  • Ok that’s fine. Thank you so much 😊 – Mini Aug 21 at 10:42
  • @Mini No worries! I worry about this stuff a lot to so its good to get reassurance. Enjoy your trip! – Uciebila Aug 21 at 10:44
  • Thank you so much. I was sure about it before but I have been reading about it and I read on some website that I can only travel if I am going to transit through USA. – Mini Aug 21 at 11:01

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.