I plan to travel to America a month after I've travelled to Iraq .... will this cause me a problem on arrival in America?

  • 1
    Are you travelling with an Iraqi passport or do you have an Iraq stamp in your passport? Mar 12, 2013 at 1:57

1 Answer 1


With the passage of the Visa Waiver Program Improvement and Terrorist Travel Prevention Act in December 2015, previously-eligible nationals of Visa Waiver Program countries may no longer travel to the U.S. under the VWP if they have been to Iraq, Syria, Iran or Sudan since 2011. Assuming you are not already a U.S. citizen or permanent resident or a Canadian, you'll need to get a visa.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .