Before 3 months i crossed to canadian border from the US and ask for asylum then after one week i cancel it and went back to my country with removal order from Canada

I'm now planning to sit for an exam in london

Is there any opportunity to get a visa? And should I mention Canada in my travel history in the application for the UK visa?

closed as primarily opinion-based by user90371, bytebuster, Ali Awan, Glorfindel, Chris H Aug 20 at 8:51

Many good questions generate some degree of opinion based on expert experience, but answers to this question will tend to be almost entirely based on opinions, rather than facts, references, or specific expertise. If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.


You must tell the truth. UK visa applications ask about previous immigration history. The ‘five eyes’ countries (USA, Canada, UK, Australia, and New Zealand) share immigration data.

Just an opinion, but with that record it’s highly unlikely you’d be able to convince a UK ECO that you are a genuine visitor per V4.2 https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration-rules/immigration-rules-appendix-v-visitor-rules

  • 1
    I second the opinion. Applying for asylum indicates a strong desire to never return to one's home country, which is the exact opposite of what a UK visa officer is looking for. And the fact that the asker applied for asylum -- i.e., claimed that their life or freedom was in serious danger in their home country -- and then changed their mind a week later will make it hard for a visa officer to trust what they say. – David Richerby Aug 18 at 8:48

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.