I read somewhere that you can only travel 90/180 days from a few years back, but I wonder if that's still the case, and if it's enforced given open border.

  • 2
    Travel to where? Other Schengen countries? If so, then yes that is still the limit. How they enforce it given free movement across signatory states? I do not know. – Ozzy Aug 12 '19 at 19:19
  • 1
    Are you asking if the validity of a Youth Mobility Visa is affected if you travel outside Germany for extended periods, or are you asking how the 90/180 day rule works for those with a residence permit/long stay visa travel.stackexchange.com/questions/67988/…? – Traveller Aug 12 '19 at 19:47
  • I'm asking if I can leave Germany for more than 90/180 days with a YMV? – greent1120 Aug 12 '19 at 20:12

Yes, you can leave Germany for as long as you want with a youth mobility visa. However, you cannot spend more than 90 days in any 180-day period in other Schengen countries with that visa. You could exceed that limit in another Schengen country if you had another D visa from that country. Similarly, if you go to a non-Schengen country such as Canada or the UK, you can stay there for as long as that country will allow you.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.