I'm a Chinese citizen (PRC) and I currently reside on the United Kingdom (LTR Residence). I'll be going to China later this year and I'd like to visit Hong Kong and Singapore before I return to the United Kingdom.

Both Hong Kong and Singapore offer visa free entry if I'm using the country as a transit, (7 days for HK and 4 days for Singapore). However HK requires evidence that you hold the correct permits for the transit country, in this case I wouldn't have any documents to prove this aside from a flight from Singapore to UK.

So I guess my question is: Is it possible for a Chinese citizen to travel through PRC -> HK -> Singapore -> Third Country without needing a visa for HK and Singapore? I cannot prove I have a permit for Singapore as I will also be using this as a transit to the UK (Which I can prove).

Otherwise I can always apply for an EEP for HK, however I'm unsure on how long this will take and whether or not I need to do this in person.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.