Is it possible to apply for a Hong Kong Visa from the Hong Kong Embassy in Jakarta while I am staying in Indonesia on a visitors visa? Or do I have to go to my home country to apply for the visa directly from the Hong Kong embassy?


Rules on the residence requirements vary between the competent authorities of a given country. That being said, most require you to apply for visas from your country of legal residence. This generally prevents visitors from applying while on vacation, UNLESS you can prove to them that it is an extraordinary circumstance.

All in all, you'll likely have to apply when you get back home.

  • 1
    According to immd.gov.hk/pdforms/ID(E)1004.pdf it is possible to apply by post “Completed application forms, i.e. ID 1003A and ID 1003B, and all supporting documents should be submitted by the applicant or the local sponsor in one of the following ways:(a) By post directly or through the local sponsor in the HKSAR to: Receipt and Despatch Unit Hong Kong Immigration Department 2/F, Immigration Tower 7 Gloucester Road Wan Chai, Hong Kong”
    – Traveller
    Aug 7 '19 at 6:04
  • There is also an app immd.gov.hk/eng/mobile/index.html. I’ve never used it so can’t state whether it will help the OP or not
    – Traveller
    Aug 7 '19 at 6:37

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.