I am a Nigerian doctor working in Saudi Arabia. I have visited the UK twice on a visitor's visa. Now I want to go for PLAB2 in September And I want to take my wife and my 4 year old son with me. All three of us are in Saudi Arabia. What visa should I apply for? Do I need to apply separately for each of us please?


A Standard Visitor visa https://www.gov.uk/standard-visitor-visa is the appropriate visa for this scenario. You will need to apply separately for each of you, cross-referencing your family members’ applications to your own as the main applicant.

The PLAB exam is a permitted activity for visitors https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration-rules/immigration-rules-appendix-v-visitor-rules

Work-related training

22 Overseas graduates from medical, dental or nursing schools may:

(b) take the following test/examination in the UK: (i) the Professional and Linguistic Assessment Board (PLAB) test, where the visitor can provide written confirmation of this from the General Medical Council

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.