So a few months ago I was given a $650 fine for "lighting a fire in a national park" and I remember the police officers mentioning something about us breaking a federal law.

Now I disputed the fine as I did not light any fire and was falsely accused and after some time I was asked in an email to provide full contact info of the person who lit the fire in a statutory declaration. Now I don't have any of these details so I tried to contact the Infringement Notice person I was in contact with via phone and email and was ghosted. It is now past the date they gave me and I am about to go on holiday to New Zealand.

Am I going to face any issues at the airport over this?

closed as unclear what you're asking by Mark Mayo Supports Monica Aug 5 at 4:31

Please clarify your specific problem or add additional details to highlight exactly what you need. As it's currently written, it’s hard to tell exactly what you're asking. See the How to Ask page for help clarifying this question. If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

  • Welcome to travel.stackexchange! – ajd Aug 4 at 5:57
  • Please specify the type of layover. – JJ for Transparency and Monica Aug 4 at 6:34
  • Where is the national park? National park offences are typically state offences, unless the park is located in a federal territory (such as the Australian Capital Territory). – k2moo4 Aug 4 at 7:12
  • Where are you flying from? transiting in Syd/ Mel? Cbr? Is this is in the same state as teh offence? Just transiting or stopping over? – Mark Mayo Supports Monica Aug 5 at 4:31

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.