I have a American tourist visa and want to travel to Canada.

  • 2
    Whether you can enter a country or not depends primarily on your nationality, not what visas other countries may have granted you. Canada is a sovereign county, and is not going to grant you admission to Canada on the basis of the US granting you admission to the US. – choster Aug 2 '19 at 3:11
  • @choster but Canada does grant visa exemptions to some people on the basis of their US immigration documents. Having a US nonimmigrant visa does not trigger the Canadian visa exemption, however. – phoog Aug 2 '19 at 13:37
  • @David someone with a US green card is exempt from Canada's visitor visa requirement regardless of nationality. – phoog Aug 2 '19 at 13:38
  • @phoog Thanks, I should have mentioned that exception. choster's comment is better, so I'll delete mine. And the actual Answer (below) is better still. – DavidSupportsMonica Aug 2 '19 at 14:13

Having a visa for the US does not allow you to enter Canada. You can find out if you need a visa for Canada here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/visas.asp

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.