I am a Malaysian, my convocation was on 16 July 2019 and my Tier 4 visa will be expired on 30 September 2019.

I would like to attend my sister's convocation on 16 October 2019 (Anglia Ruskin University, Cambridge). May I know whether I am able to be granted a 6-month tourist visa when I re-enter UK after visited a EU country?

closed as primarily opinion-based by user90371, Michael Hampton, Mark Mayo Jul 29 at 6:55

Many good questions generate some degree of opinion based on expert experience, but answers to this question will tend to be almost entirely based on opinions, rather than facts, references, or specific expertise. If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

  • 1
    As stated in 'Answers', you don't need a Visa as a visitor. But it would be advisable to bring evidence of the event you are attending and evidence that you are only re-visiting for a few days such as confirmed hotel booking and onwards ticket out of the UK. – canonacer Jul 29 at 6:13
  • If you have it, evidence of ties to your home country would be a good idea too, eg job. – Traveller Jul 29 at 6:55

Yes, you can go back and request entry without a visa. Ordinarily it should be a simple process, but you having lived in the UK on a Tier 4 and then immediately going back to the UK might raise some suspicion; Be prepared to show evidence of your intention to leave in time.

Visa Exemptions:

Nationals of Malaysia for a maximum stay of 6 months.


Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.