I'm a Korean citizen with an American green card trying to go to Norway for the summer vacation. I'm 17 years old and I plan to travel by myself. I'm wondering what are the documents I need in order to enter Norway? I've been looking for the past 2 days but haven't come across a solid answer. There have been mixed answers online and I hope someone here can finally help me out.

edit: i intend on taking norwegian air

  • 2
    Which airline are you intending to fly on? Different airlines have different policies about unaccompanied minors. This may be in addition to whatever you need to enter Norway. Jul 26, 2019 at 1:37
  • 3
    Norway is in the Schengen area and South Korea is a Schengen Annex II country -- no visa required (I'm assuming you're from the ROK and not the DPRK). So the only problem is your minor status.
    – o.m.
    Jul 26, 2019 at 4:24
  • 1
    Norwegian Air’s policy says that minors 15+ years old travel as an adult norwegian.com/uk/travel-info/travelling-with-children/… You’ll need to be able to show suitable evidence of means ec.europa.eu/home-affairs/sites/homeaffairs/files/e-library/…
    – Traveller
    Jul 26, 2019 at 8:04

1 Answer 1


Assuming you’re from South Korea, you do not need a visa to visit Norway for up to 90 days. However, in trying to determine what documents it may be advisable for you to take with you on your trip, a good rule of thumb is to have available the same documents you’d use to apply for a visa to show to Immigration officers if asked. A list for Norway is available here https://www.norway.no/contentassets/a7bc30faaf4144788590ef48e8a7c750/document-checklist-visitors-visa.pdf

Your personal circumstances will guide which documents are relevant. This might typically include, for example:

  • passport, valid for at least 3 months beyond your planned date of return

  • proof of legal residence in the US

  • documents demonstrating intention to leave and means of support during your trip (accommodation, financial - see https://ec.europa.eu/home-affairs/sites/homeaffairs/files/e-library/documents/policies/borders-and-visas/schengen/docs/handbook-annex_25.pdf#29)

  • travel medical insurance, coverage at least €30,000. See the visa documents checklist for other minimum requirements.

  • a notarised letter of consent from parent(s) authorising travel, if under 18 (Note: I could not find any definitive reference to this as a mandatory requirement for visa-free entrants. I recommend you check with the local Norwegian Embassy/Consulate).

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .