I am a Bangladeshi student studying at Columbia University in New York. I wanted to go to Russia this winter to see my uncle, who emigrated there in the 80s and currently lives in Moscow with his Russian wife. Would it be enough if he sends me an invitation letter (along with other necessary documents of course)?

closed as unclear what you're asking by Mark Mayo Aug 30 at 0:05

Please clarify your specific problem or add additional details to highlight exactly what you need. As it's currently written, it’s hard to tell exactly what you're asking. See the How to Ask page for help clarifying this question. If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

  • Will the invitation letter be processed in Russia through one of the official channels? russiable.co.uk/private-visa-russia-visit-family-friends – Traveller Jul 25 at 7:44
  • 1
    I recommend you not to apply from USA and UK, if you can. Questionnaires are much more long and complex (and who remember all details of your infancy?). It could make difficult to find all required documents if you are not from such countries). Embassy websites contain relevant information (very useful for special cases, and to get Russian name of required documents from your uncle) – Giacomo Catenazzi Jul 25 at 9:42
  • Putting on hold until OP clarifies some of the questions in the comments. – Mark Mayo Aug 30 at 0:04