Can I apply for Schengen visa while staying in US but travel plans are from india to Europe and back to India? And do I need to confirm the tickets from US to India

  • Whether you have to confirm your US > India air ticket (and how and when to do it), will be stated by your air carrier. Go to the carrier's web page to find out. And the mechanics of applying for a Schengen visa — including where you can be when you apply, and where the application must be filed — will depend on your citizenship and which country you apply to, as different countries have different policies and procedures for applicants of differing nationalities. – DavidSupportsMonica Jul 23 '19 at 0:13

For Schengen visa, you should apply from your country of residence, at the embassy or consulate for your place of residence. Exceptions are possible, but claiming an exception means you must argue that you are a hardship case. Better do it right.

The fact that you would arrive and leave through a third country is no problem. You wrote that you are staying in the US. Are you a citizen or permanent resident? If so, you should apply from the US. Explain the travel plans and where you will go after visiting the Schengen area.

  • I am not a permanent resident in US. I’m working on work visa here but I am planning to apply schengen visa from US. My travel plans would be from India only and I’m planning to visit Spain and France. – Ankita Jul 23 '19 at 13:25
  • In that case, you would have to explain why you cannot apply from your place of residence. This is possible if doing so would be an undue hardship. – o.m. Jul 23 '19 at 16:32

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.