I am a citizen of Eritrea and I work for the United Nations and have UN blue passport - UNLP, do I need an entrance visa to visit Greece as a tourist?


According to https://cibtvisas.com/forms?formname=portalforms/UNDP/Introduction%20-%20Guide-to-the-Issuance-of-UN-Travel-Documents.pdf Laissez-Passers are issued for use only on official travel during a period of employment. (K 36 Validity).

Timatic says you need a visa for Greece unless you are traveling on duty for a maximum stay of 90 days. https://www.timaticweb2.com/integration/external.php?ref=d975cfc59f5c0abd06d16e872198110b

  • While it is correct that the UNLP is issued for official travel, some countries grant a visa exemption to holders of the UNLP who are traveling for personal reasons (at least South Africa did so in 2016; I'm not sure about the current state of affairs). I am not surprised that Greece is not among them; I suspect that few if any of the richer countries would be. – phoog Jul 18 at 17:19

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.