I am travelling to Europe on August 5th. Itinerary is: Arrival in Barcelona, 3 days there, 3 days in Paris, 4 in Amsterdam and 4 in Belgium and then back. I am from India and have never travelled outside of India. I applied for schengen at Netherlands and got a reject. The reason is:
"The Purpose and circumstance of the intended stay are insufficiently demonstrated. Sufficient justification for the purpose and circumstances of the intended stay was not provided."
I provided the following documents:
- Accommodation for all four countries,
- To and from flight confirmed tickets
- Leave letter from employer
- Bank account statements and sufficient account balance
- Internal travel tickets(train)
- Cover letter stating that I am visiting for tourism
I am unable to understand what is missing in the documents and why the visa was rejected.
Which of the below options is my best bet to get the visa:
- Apply again to Netherlands with a more detailed cover letter(do not know what else I can change), but Netherlands takes more time to process and I am short of time.
- Change my itinerary and spend 6-7 days in France instead and apply to the French embassy (which is faster, usually)
Please let me know if there are any suggestions/inputs.