I plan to apply for a (Greece) Schengen visa in USA. I am on the H1b visa.

Schengen visas lodged in the US seem to require that my US visa is valid for 3 months after the date of departure for Schengen area. I will not satisfy this requirement. However, I have a valid i797 showing that I am allowed to get my US visa extended for 3 years.

I plan to get the extended visa stamped a month after my Schengen trip, when I will be visiting my home country.

If I submit a cover letter explaining this situation (and a copy of the i797), will that suffice?

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.