I'm an Indian and I intend to visit Japan after visiting Taiwan.

I have an unused Japan Visa which is valid till October. Can that be used to get an entry in Taiwan along with a TAC or do I first need to get my Japanese visa stamped before they'd allow me to enter Taiwan?


Edit: TAC stands for Travel Authorisation Certificate

  • @David That only seems to cover Pakistani citizens, so doesn't apply. Jul 12, 2019 at 16:11
  • 2
    @David Duplicate does not mean "If you read an answer in the linked question and, on the off chance, happen to follow a link in that answer, you'll find the answer to your question." Jul 12, 2019 at 19:01
  • 1
    @DavidRicherby Fair enough. Jul 12, 2019 at 19:27

1 Answer 1


Taiwan's Bureau of Consular Affairs maintains a webpage where visa information for the Republic of China (R.O.C., or Taiwan) is presented in English. That page contains the following, which sets requirements for an Indian citizen (as well as citizens of the other 16 countries listed, which names I've omitted from this Answer) to obtain a visa to enter Taiwan.

"Nationals from the following countries applying for visitor visas to the R.O.C. must fulfill the procedure of this section:


"India (Identify Certificate)


"Nationals of the designated countries may apply for the R.O.C. visitor visas for the following purposes:

  • Invited by the Republic of China (R.O.C.) government agencies on official missions

  • Participating in international meetings or activities for the purposes of religious, athletic, or cultural exchange, which are held by the organizations set up in the R.O.C.

  • Visiting dependents with legal residence status in the R.O.C., including spouse, family members of lineal relationship, or siblings.
  • Conducting economic or commercial businesses.(including accompanied spouse and children...
  • Crew members intending to come to the R.O.C. to report for duty.

  • Medical treatment."

Unless your planned trip to Taiwan fits within one of these six categories, you will not quaify for a visa.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .