I am planning to travel through Kyrgyzstan and Kazachstan using Kashgar and Urumqi as transit points, spending about a day in each of them. The planned route is Kashgar - Kyrgyzstan (Osh) - Kazachstan (Almaty) - Urumqi. All border crossings will be overland.

As I understand, my route doesn't qualify for any short-term visa exemptions so as an EU citizen I require a Chinese visa. Is this correct?

Both double-entry type G (transit) and L (tourist) visa seem to apply in my case. The price is the same. Which one is the correct choice?

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.