I am from India and I have Canadian student visa, i booked a ticket with British airways which has 2 layover 1 st in London and 2 nd in Chicago (USA). So ,do I need transit visa during the 5 hours layover in Chicago airport? My final destination is Toronto (Canada).


All visitors transiting the US have to actually enter the US, going through passport control, baggage reclaim and customs.

In your case, this means you need a visa for the US. You may apply either for a transit visa (C) or a regular visitor visa (B1/B2).

| improve this answer | |

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.