My Dad's passport had a name issue due to which he is in the process of changing it to get a new passport so as to reflect his new name (alias). My Mom's passport already has a US visitor visa stamped on it.

If my Dad is getting a new passport to reflect his new name, is it mandatory that my Mom's passport also needs to be changed to reflect the new name of the spouse? or can she just show the Gazette (proof of name change) without changing the passport during immigration?

If at all she has to change the passport, what is the process to get the visa imprinted again on her new passport?

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.