What are the Russian regulations/form for a Russian child, aged 6 travelling abroad with mother (for several months): is father's written permission required?


According to Russian federal law, a child that goes abroad with one parent (guardian) does not require written consent from another parent, UNLESS another parent did not limit their child to leave Russia by submitting a written request to federal migration services (the way these requests are submitted has changed on 12/06/2019). When leaving the country with one of the parents the customs will check the list of children for whom such requests from other parent were made. https://www.atorus.ru/news/press-centre/new/46379.html

Hence, you need to be sure that no limitation exists for a given child by asking another parent or making request to Russian federal migration services.

  • 1
    Please note that a written consent may still be required in the process of obtaining a visa for the child. – svavil Jun 29 '19 at 1:18

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.