In 2014 my baby boy was born in Arlington heights , USA, after that in 2015 I was deported from Chicago air port with my wife & my US citizen baby boy. i was re apply for visitor visa in 2017 that time they give me green paper and ask paid for hospital bill, i paid it and send it to consulate but not given visa. After that i was applied in January 2019 and consular officer gave me a letter stated that i am inadmissible in USA under section 212 (a)(6)(c)(i) , means i have to do waiver for the same. so can you do waiver for this and also let me know can i get USA visa after this waiver or not ......????

  • 1
    What type of visa? Visitor or immigrant? After a deportation it seems pretty unlikely you’ll ever get a non-immigrant (Visitor) visa – Traveller Jun 24 '19 at 12:30
  • Waivers are for people who have exceptional circumstances that require them to visit the US. Do you have exceptional circumstances? – DJClayworth Jun 24 '19 at 14:17
  • 1
    212 (a)(6)(c)(i) Waivers are for fraud/misrepresentation. I see two problems with your situation, namely public charge for misusing public assistance and the misrepresentation itself. Even if the misrepresentation is waived, I don’t see you getting the visa because you have a history of misusing public assistance. You can get an attorney since you’re obviously not knowledgeable about these things and this is a complex situation however in my opinion your chances of success are slim and none – user 56513 Jun 24 '19 at 14:29
  • @user56513: Under current rules, public charge inadmissibility only considers cash assistance and long-term institutionalized care. It does not consider hospital bills or medical assistance like Medicaid. That does not meant that they can't deny the OP under other grounds like "immigrant intent" or fraud, but it would not be under the ground of being likely to become a public charge. – user102008 Jun 24 '19 at 20:05
  • @user102008 I acknowledge what you're saying is right in theory, however many people have had their visas cancelled and been denied entry because they came to have children in the USA and used public funds. So in reality they're already using that criteria. It's even implicit in that they asked him to go and pay the hospital bill. – user 56513 Jun 24 '19 at 20:36

I'll assume you are still applying for a visitor visa, so the waiver you need is a nonimmigrant waiver. When you get denied your visa, and you are denied only for bans and not for immigrant intent, the officer can recommend you for a waiver. If they recommend you for a waiver, they will let you know about the process. If they don't recommend you for a nonimmigrant waiver, there isn't much you can do.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.