I am living in Germany. I have applied 6 month EEA UK permit. I got that one. I have been to the UK with my wife according to condition that she must be travelling with me or accompany with me. But now I left the UK alone and my wife stayed in the UK.

Now I want to go back the UK.
Can I travel alone. And I have successful presettle status. I have 5 year family member card but my card is in the UK.
My wife got that card. Can I travel to the UK alone. She also coming to receive me in the UK airport.

  • Get your wife to courier your card to you – Traveller Jun 23 at 14:25
  • @Traveller that won't be necessary as he has an EEA family permit sticker in his passport (unless I misunderstand the question). – phoog Jun 23 at 14:27

It's not entirely clear from your question, at least not to me, precisely which documents you now have and where exactly they are. It sounds like you have a valid EEA family permit and you want to know if you can use that to travel to the UK to join your wife who is already in the UK, and the answer to that question is yes. An EEA family permit may be used under the following conditions. The first point applies in this case:


The EEA citizen you’re joining must either:

  • be in the UK already
  • be travelling with you to the UK within 6 months of the date of your application

Source: https://www.gov.uk/family-permit/eea-family-permit

  • It seems to me the actual card (or papers) is in the UK, with his wife. I assume he will need it to get on the flight (or a visa instead.) – Willeke Jun 23 at 14:23
  • @Willeke the EEA family permit is a passport sticker. – phoog Jun 23 at 14:25
  • "I have 5 year family member card but my card is in the UK." (from the question.) – Willeke Jun 23 at 14:27
  • @Willeke I assume that to be a German card, the basis for OP's residence in Germany, but even if it is not, the card is apparently in addition to an EEA family permit ("I have applied 6 month EEA UK permit. I got that one," also from the question). – phoog Jun 23 at 14:30
  • yes i have valid eea family permit and my wife is in uk.first time when i entered into uk i was with my wife .and now i am going alone to uk and my wife she is in uk .question is that do i need some proof that she is living in uk. – Harpreet Singh Jun 23 at 16:06

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.