I'll be traveling to Canada while I'm 17 (20 days from being 18) for a business conference and had questions about the page regarding "Minor children travelling to Canada".

I currently don't live with my parents making it hard to get a consent form, but I noticed it says "Minors who try to enter Canada without the proper documents, or who are with adults other than their parents or legal guardian(s), will be checked more closely." implying that you don't actually need this form.

I'm wondering what risk there is if I travel to Canada alone with only my valid US Passport and no forms at all. Maybe someone with experience might have an idea.

  • 4
    Do you in fact have your parents' consent to travel to Canada? If so, a phone call or even the suggestion of one might be enough.
    – phoog
    Commented Jun 16, 2019 at 4:12
  • @phoog of course, as I said this is a legitimate business conference. Do you mean I should offer the border agent to call my parent? I thought about this but how do they know I don't just have my friend on the other line, etc.
    – Rob Gates
    Commented Jun 16, 2019 at 5:00
  • The obvious question is: Why don't you live with your parents? The answer to that might just resolve the whole situation. Commented Jun 16, 2019 at 5:05
  • @MichaelHampton because I am in another state for an internship.
    – Rob Gates
    Commented Jun 16, 2019 at 5:05
  • Hmm. If you already live and work on your own then I don't really expect you'll have much of a problem at the border. This could still use a look from someone with more experience or authoritative references, though. Commented Jun 16, 2019 at 5:07


You must log in to answer this question.

Browse other questions tagged .