How hard is it for Peruvians to get a transit visa for the USA? I have been told Donald Trump has blocked all south American visas.

closed as primarily opinion-based by Traveller, user 56513, user90371, bytebuster, Michael Hampton Jun 14 at 22:36

Many good questions generate some degree of opinion based on expert experience, but answers to this question will tend to be almost entirely based on opinions, rather than facts, references, or specific expertise. If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.


There’s no ban but for transiting you need to apply for a C1 (transit) or B1/B2 (business/tourism) non-immigrant visa: https://pe.usembassy.gov/visas/nonimmigrant-visas/

Both B and C visas will require an application, a fee, and an interview. They cost the same so if you’re thinking of visiting the USA in the future or you want to sightsee while you transit, then get the B.

But because of the fee and interview requirements, it’s oftenjust easier and cheaper to fly directly or to transit via more friendly country such as Mexico or Canada.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.