I am holder of a student visa for Canada. Prior to obtaining my Canadian student visa, I visited the USA and Canada on visitor visas. My multiple entry visa for the USA is still valid. Can I go as a student visa holder to the USA under the old multiple entry visa?

  • 3
    Why wouldn't you be able to?
    – phoog
    Jun 14, 2019 at 8:04

1 Answer 1


My wife was in a similar situation when she was a student, in Canada. She was able to go to the States from Canada under her visitor visa and just had to clarify which visa she was re-entering Canada on as both her student visa and tourist visa for Canada we valid.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.