I lost my old Indian passport. I need to get Indian Visa stamp on my American passport. What is the procedure for that?

  • You apply through the nearest Indian embassy or consulate.
    – user90371
    Jun 10, 2019 at 0:20
  • You apply for an OCI card. Jun 10, 2019 at 2:59
  • India does not permit dual citizenship. When you received your American passport, you would have had to surrender your Indian passport. Your question is not clear as it is written.
    – RedBaron
    Jun 10, 2019 at 8:51
  • If you are an Indian citizen, you need to check whether you're obliged to enter India on your Indian passport. If so, you need to apply for a new passport, not a visa. And did you report the passport as lost? Jun 10, 2019 at 9:05


Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.