I would like to bring a musical instrument from my country to a Japanese friend via international postal parcel service. However, I would like to know about customs security in Japan. I mean to say is it better to give his address rather than mine for a smooth process? Or is it better to get in my name and give to him later?

closed as off-topic by fkraiem, Ali Awan, David Richerby, bytebuster, Glorfindel Jun 3 at 15:38

  • This question does not appear to be about traveling within the scope defined in the help center.
If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

  • 4
    I'm voting to close this question as off-topic because it is not about travel. – fkraiem Jun 3 at 9:37
  • Please suggest the right forum before closing.After searching through stack exchange I found this is the most appropriate one. – Science123 Jun 3 at 9:39
  • @Science123 I'm not aware of any SE site where this is on-topic. Posting a parcel is not travelling, so your question is off-topic, here -- sorry. – David Richerby Jun 3 at 15:03

Is it a gift to him? Then send it to him declaring it as a gift.

Is it for you to use and bring back? Then send it to yourself c/o him at his address. Declare it on your customs form when you enter the country.

John Traveller C/o Taro Urashima 1-2-3 Yamaha-cho Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 123-456

  • It's for him as a gift. My brother going to send it via international parcel. Where to declare about it?at the parcel center of my country? – Science123 Jun 3 at 7:56
  • 1
    @Science123 yup, there’s a customs declaration form you have to fill at the post office. I’d declare it as: Musical instrument (gift) – RoboKaren Jun 3 at 7:58

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.