I will be going to Finland for a week on business trip. After this I would like to go as a tourist to Switzerland and Prague for a week. What visa do I apply for?

The Finland embassy also told me that Switzerland is not a part of the Schengen area.

Do we have a official website where we can see the list of countries?

  • 3
    The list can be found on the EU's website and Switzerland is clearly a member. The Finnish embassy is wrong, or else you have some sort of miscommunication. – Nate Eldredge Jun 3 '19 at 6:21

Switzerland is a member of the Schengen area, and has been for several years now.

You should apply for a visa for the country where the "main purpose" of your trip occurs, in this case that would presumably be Finland:

You must lodge the application for a Schengen visa at the Consulate of the country that you intend to visit, or –if you intend to visit more than one Schengen State, the Consulate of the country of your primary destination (i.e. main purpose of stay or longest stay).

| improve this answer | |

https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/schengen-visa-countries-list/ You can apply for visa at the Finnish embassy. You can travel with that visa to Prague and Switzerland.

| improve this answer | |
  • 2
    Please don't link to schengenvisainfo.com -- it is a private website that exists to sell ads and is infamous for giving misleading or out-of-date information. – hmakholm left over Monica Jun 3 '19 at 14:43

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.