I’m planning on going to New York July 2020, I just applied for my ESTA and have been refused due to me having GBH (Grievous Bodily Harm) on my record what can I do now to try and get to the USA?

  • 4
    Apply for a visa, that's the potential solution because sneaking in as an undocumented immigrant is not an option. May 31, 2019 at 15:26
  • 6
    If "gbh" is assault causing grievous bodily harm, as MichaelHampton sugggest, then that is a crime involving moral turpitude, and a conviction forever disqualifies you from using the Visa Waiver Program. You'll need to apply for a visa instead. May 31, 2019 at 15:44

1 Answer 1


You'll need to apply for a B-visa. Good job you applied for the ESTA long before you intended to travel.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .