I am a student travelling from India, and I am unsure of the type of visa to apply for when travelling for the purpose of attending the Nesin Mathematics Village. It's a summer school type programme that hands out no qualifications or degrees or diplomas; it's just a place of learning.

This makes the visa application difficult for me. Should I apply for a tourist visa or a student visa? If you have attended the same, which visa did you apply for?

  • I don't know about Turkey, but in most countries student visas are for those in programs that grant degrees or diplomas, and those attending summer programs like this need tourist visas. – phoog May 31 '19 at 12:29
  • Have you asked the organisers? They have certainly had students who need visas before, and might be able to help you make the application. – MJeffryes May 31 '19 at 12:54
  • @phoog That's what I think as well. But I really don't want to take any chances. – Mallika May 31 '19 at 15:23
  • @MJeffryes I did contact them nearly a week back. They haven't responded yet. I get the feeling they don't understand my question... – Mallika May 31 '19 at 15:25

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.