My girlfriend and her daughter are living in the Netherlands.

Her daughter has a Dutch passport but she does not.

Is there anyway that she can apply for a visa to come to Canada for a visit?

And can she apply for alien’s passport for stateless person?

  • 1
    If she has a Cambodian passport as you suggest in a comment below, then she is not stateless.
    – RoboKaren
    May 27 '19 at 6:35
  • Is the daughter a minor? May 27 '19 at 14:55
  • Yes, her daughter is 11 years old.
    – Quang Pham
    May 27 '19 at 23:32

She can apply for a visa for Canada, but she will need to obtain the alien's passport first, because this is the travel document in which the visa will be placed. Note that Canada will require that she file a paper application, and will not accept an online application from anyone using an alien's passport from the Netherlands.


Yes, she can apply for a visa to visit Canada. She will need some kind of travel document. From Find out if you need a visa:

enter image description here

  • She does have a cambodian passport. Does it count? Or she has to apply for alien’s passport? Thanks for all your help guys. I’m very appreciated.
    – Quang Pham
    May 27 '19 at 4:15
  • An alien’s passport will only be issued in cases where a national passport cannot/will not be issued. Does the Cambodian passport contain a valid Dutch residence permit. If yes, that must be used. May 27 '19 at 5:35

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.