I have connecting flights from Brussels to Doha then to Kuala Lumpur. My flight to Doha was delayed by 20 minutes, which we almost have no time to move to our next flight. While looking at the schedule, I saw more than 20 flights need to depart in 10 minutes interval, how is this possible?
Scheduled departure date and time: 20 May 2019 5:20 PM
Actual departure time: 5:58 PM (delayed by 38 minutes)
Scheduled arrival time: 12:45 AM
Actual arrival time: 1:05 AM (delayed by 20 minutes)
Scheduled departure date and time: 21 May 2019 2:05 AM
Actual departure time: 2:57 AM (delayed by 52 minutes)
Scheduled arrival time: 3:00 PM
Actual arrival time: 3:03 PM (delayed by 3 minutes)
For both of my flight, all of the passengers are in the plane waiting for departure, but there was no announcement of delay until 15 to 20 minutes after the scheduled departure.
But we somehow arrived on time, which amazed me, as our departure has been delayed by around an hour.
My question is:
- For my first flight, I almost couldn't catch up the other flight due to delays, what compensation I could get?
- What compensation I can get for flight delayed while we are inside?
- In Doha, how is it possible to have 20 flights departing in 10 minutes interval?
- Do flight company allowed to have us waiting in flight and do nothing?
- How is it possible that flight 2 could arrive almost on time with an hour delayed in departure?