My home country is India. I will be traveling to the US for my Ph.D. with an F1 visa. I have already applied for the interview which is yet to take place. My parents wish to travel with me, both for visiting the US as tourists and helping me to get set up there. For such purpose what should my parent's visa category be (B2??). Also, should they state that they will be going for tourist purpose or is it better is they say that they will be accompanying me? Also what documents are generally enough to demonstrate this purpose sufficiently?

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.