I am a Nepali national residing here in Italy for my PhD studies. I want to apply for the UK visitor visa but my permesso di soggiorno is expired right now and I have applied for its renewal, so I just have the receipt (ricevuta). Am I eligible to apply for the UK visitor visa and travel, and also travel back to Italy with the receipt I have? Waiting for the reply. Thanks in advance.

  • Please see the question I linked. There's no requirement to prove residence in order to apply for a UK visa. Your receipt proves you are legally present in Italy. Also see this answer which answers the second half of your question travel.stackexchange.com/questions/109382/…
    – MJeffryes
    May 22, 2019 at 13:44


Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.