I'm a Filipino citizen and my husband is a US citizen. I have US Green Cards (Permanent Resident visa)

We have a 15 month old baby girl who is a US Citizen.

We are wanting to visit for holiday in the UK in June. Can you please advise what the UK will require visa of me given these circumstances

1 Answer 1


Yes, you will need a visa. The UK (unlike Canada) does not have a visa exemption for US permanent residents.

  • Thank you. Do you have any idea how long it will take to get a UK VISA under these circumstances?
    – Migo Surf
    May 18, 2019 at 20:34
  • @MigoSurf unfortunately, I do not. I also note that it is not necessary to write "visa" in all caps; it's not an acronym or anything like that, just a normal word. At least I can say that your LPR status in the US should help your application considerably, as will your having a well established family life in the US, so your application will probably be handled fairly routinely and therefore relatively quickly. But I do not know anything about the processing times, I'm afraid.
    – phoog
    May 20, 2019 at 14:18

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .