This question already has an answer here:

actually I have a passport which expires in September and I got a new one as they told me that I won’t be allowed to use the passport anywhere 5months before the expiration. So I got a new passport and then applied for a Shenzhen visa. But the embassy has put my new visa on my old canceled passport and sent it to me. I need to travel tonight and I don’t know what to do. Pls help me out

marked as duplicate by user 56513, David Richerby, Ali Awan, k2moo4, Glorfindel May 18 at 14:57

This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.

  • 6
    Possible duplicate of Can I use the valid Schengen visa in old passport?. Expect to get downvoted when you use words like urgent reply needed etc. Nobody is paid to give quick replies. In any case your question has been asked several times here and been answered. – user 56513 May 18 at 12:49
  • 2
    Could you clarify if that is Shenzhen (China) or Schengen (Europe)? – gnasher729 May 18 at 14:37
  • Schengen europe – Hitesh Gandhi May 18 at 14:48

If you can't get competent advise here, and you can't reach the embassy on a Saturday (which would be the most reasonable approach if they are open), you could go to the airport - if the airline doesn't let you board, that answers your question, and if they let you board then it is most likely that China will let you enter (because otherwise the airline wouldn't have let you on board).

Obviously bring your old passport with the visa, and your new passport.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.