I am an Indian citizen, applying for UK visa from India.

In document checklist for UK Visa there is the following column

Documents showing that another person can pay for your visit, such as : Bank statements of the person paying for your visit

I am being paid by my institute to attend a conference. Host institute is providing accommodation.

What should i attach in this case?

  • Are you doing any sort of activities at that conference? That may require a visa other than the standard tourist visa. In that case, the institute would be involved owing to the visa type. – Harper - Reinstate Monica May 16 at 13:05
  • I do not understand what does it mean to say “any sort of activities”. @Harper – Praphulla Koushik May 16 at 14:24
  • The invitation letter you received should say that they are paying for your expenses. – Michael Hampton May 16 at 18:56
  • @MichaelHampton yes, it says they are paying for my accommodation... my institute is paying for travel and remaining things – Praphulla Koushik May 17 at 1:54
  • OK, can your institute give you a document saying you are going to the conference and they are paying for the travel and incidental expenses? – Michael Hampton May 17 at 1:55

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.