I am attending a conference in school of mathematics, Edinburgh.

enter image description here

I am looking for option of standard visitor visa but I could not find in the options.

enter image description here

Should I opt for short-term student visa?

I will be in UK for period of 15 days.

  • Are you sure the standard visitor visa isn't listed under either S or V? It's not possible to say from that image. A short-term student visa is almost certainly incorrect, since you will not be enrolling in a course of study. – phoog May 15 '19 at 17:51
  • there is an option of "Visit"... Could that be another name for "standard visitor visa"? @phoog – Praphulla Koushik May 15 '19 at 17:56
  • 2
    Yes, "visit" would be the same as "standard visitor." – phoog May 15 '19 at 17:58
  • It's a bit odd that it is written in all capital letters, however. – phoog May 15 '19 at 18:01
  • 1
    @phoog, on the other hand there's also both "Tier 5" and "TIER 5", so I think it's just a matter of crappy quality control of their IT... – hmakholm left over Monica May 16 '19 at 0:35

A student visa is definitely the wrong choice, since you will not be enrolling as a student. As noted in the comments, the list includes "Visit," which is the item you should select.

| improve this answer | |

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.