Round-trip tickets are a requirement to get a Chinese visa for nationals of most countries. Is a flight to/from Hong Kong considered a flight to/from China for the purpose of acquiring a Chinese visa?

If not, is a train reservation between Hong Kong and a city in China sufficient to prove a round trip?

  • You can get through trains to HK but the usual exit is to cross the border at Shenzhen and proceed from there. The cheapest way to the airport costs about $10 US total for the subway-like train and the Airbus coach (no reservations possible for either) so they are not likely to be worried about that. – Spehro Pefhany May 16 '19 at 22:18

Yes, a flight to/from Hong Kong is considered "good enough".

Source: I was in this situation last year, and a flight departing from Hong Kong was considered sufficient. You may be asked to provide a quick written statement of how you plan to travel between mainland China & Hong Kong though.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.