I am married to a french and have the long sejour visa. I registered at the OFII and received a paper document as a confirmation. They said that i don't need a stamp as long as I have this paper. Is it true? and can I leave france for Lebanon and come back without facing any problems? The lady at the OFII said that my medical examination and language test won't happen before August. I hope anyone can clarify if you have been in this situation before.

Thank you, Rola

  • 1
    What is the name or title on your paper document? Will you be returning to France before your long-stay visa expires?
    – phoog
    May 13, 2019 at 17:08

1 Answer 1


With regard to returning to France:

Timatic, the database which airlines use to verify passenger travel documents, states:

NOTE 30627: Receipts of application for Renewal of a residence permit issued by France (Recepisse de demande de carte de sejour - renouvellement de titre de sejour) are accepted if accompanied by the expired residence permit or an expired "D" visa.
- Receipts of application for a first residence permit (Recepisse de demande de carte de sejour - delivrance d'un premier titre de sejour) are not accepted.

Of course, if your D visa has not yet expired, you can still travel back to France with that.

You must log in to answer this question.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged .