I am in the USA and my girlfriend (Chinese) is currently finishing her degree in Australia. To be clear, she is a Chinese citizen on an Australian student visa at the moment.

She plans to fly from Australia to the USA, visit me for about 2 months and then fly to China from the USA.

My question is, where can/should she purchase her travel insurance from? An Australian company or a Chinese company? I know I can't ask for specific insurance company recommendations on SE but I would like some pointers on which country she should get travel insurance from?

I am afraid that an Australian company may not cover her since she will not be returning to Australia and she is not an Australian citizen.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.