Single parents travelling internationally with minor children may need a notarized letter from the other parent. My husband/the father of my children passed away. What should I bring on our trip to Italy? Thanks!

  • 1
    It is rather hard to answer this without knowing which country. Perhaps edit that in? – mdewey May 11 '19 at 12:39
  • 5
    The first thing that came to mind is the death certificate. – Michael Hampton May 11 '19 at 15:39
  • 2
    For the USA, a certified death certificate would be advisable. Just heard a friend-of-a-friend story of someone denied boarding at an American airport for lack of other-parent permission. I, myself, was warned once; I had my wife's itinerary (separate flight) as back-up. – Andrew Lazarus May 11 '19 at 18:13
  • 1
    I would suggest carrying the children's Birth Certificates showing mum and dad's names. – canonacer May 11 '19 at 19:59
  • 1
    What is your and the childrens nationality? It is often the home country that checks for permission to travel from parents. – Willeke May 12 '19 at 16:54