I am a European citizen and I will be attending an academic conference in China. However, after the conference I would like to travel a bit (say 10 days). The conference organisers are providing an invitation letter but this only states the duration of the conference. Can I add leisure to this trip when applying for a visa?

I also read the following:

However, there is no distinctive line between tourist visa and business visa. In another word, tourist visa will not prevent you from conducting business in China.

So would it be better to simply apply for a tourist visa?

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.