I am an incoming graduate student to the US and I will shortly apply for the F1 visa. While requesting for the I20 I filled up my current address wherein I stated 'Apartment' in the address column. However, in my passport, it says 'Appt.'. I have gotten my I20 with this address, but I still need to provide the address for different other forms like SEVIS fee payment. Should I proceed with this or change the spelling?

closed as off-topic by bytebuster, Ali Awan, Rory Alsop, Jan, RedBaron May 3 at 14:34

This question appears to be off-topic. The users who voted to close gave this specific reason:

If this question can be reworded to fit the rules in the help center, please edit the question.

  • That's an abbreviation, not a spelling mistake. Why would it cause a problem? Many (most?) countries' passports don't have your address in them anyway. I've lived at three different addresses in the last ten years and it would be really annoying to have to get a new passport everytime I moved. – David Richerby Apr 28 at 16:45
  • There is a type in 'Appt.' which is why I was worried. – Sagnik Saha Apr 29 at 5:45
  • Oh. You're right. I hadn't even noticed, and probably nor did phoog. This kind of trivial error really shouldn't affect your application. As I said, most passports don't include an address anyway, and somebody misspelling "Apt." hardly makes you a danger to the USA. – David Richerby Apr 29 at 10:57

Whether the word "apartment" is spelled out or abbreviated is entirely unimportant. You can use whichever spelling you prefer.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.