This question already has an answer here:

I am sorry to post again but I just want to be sure of everything before jumping in.

I decide to apply for a UK tourist visa. I am a student abroad, I don't work. So I decide to ask my parents to sponsor my trip. What documents do they need to provide? Will the fact that we don't live in the same country and they don't live in uk change anything?

I think their bank statements, a proof that I am their child, a letter proving that they will sponsor me are required. But is that all?

Thank you for your attention.

marked as duplicate by Traveller, Willeke Apr 26 at 22:18

This question has been asked before and already has an answer. If those answers do not fully address your question, please ask a new question.

  • Please do not ask new questions if those are about the same as an earlier question. If you want more information on the answers given you can edit the question, post comments on the question or the answers. New questions will only be closed as duplicates, as that is the way it works here. – Willeke Apr 26 at 21:59