My Mexican girlfriend has bought a ticket to the UK for 6 months at the start of June. With a little over a month until she comes we've become a little concerned about whether immigration officers will have a problem with her or not. I am 34 and a UK citizen, she is 31 and a Mexican citizen. We have been dating for 6 months and I have visited her in Mexico twice. Her intentions here are to strictly be a tourist, no working, no studying. I work full time but we plan to travel around the UK together at weekends and to parts of Europe as well. The things she will have are:
- A letter from me saying I will support her in any way whilst she is here (as she won't have many personal funds)
- A return ticket home
- A lease for her apartment which she will sublet to a friend whilst she is here.
- A letter from her employer stating they will offer her a job at the company once back (She is a graphic designer for a fashion company)
- travel insurance for 6 months
Is the 6 month trip a huge red flag? Would we be better reducing the trip to 3 months?
We obviously want to spend as much time together as possible that's why we chose 6 months and we know that we don't have any ill intentions but are now a bit worried.
We'd really appreciate some advice and guidance if anyone has been in the same situation before.
Many thanks for reading.
Thanks for all your help so far. It seems a lot is based on opinion which isn't really allowed on here. Could I please ask some specific questions?
- Has anybody had experience getting advanced entry clearance for something like this.
- Is entry clearance the same as getting a specific tourist visa?
- Would an advanced entry clearance mean she would not be interrogated before being let in?
We are thinking of reducing her time here to 3 months or less. This would mean she would keep her lease car she planned to sell which would be another tie to Mexico.