I will be applying for a Schengen Visa in VFS Italy, and according to their website, we need to show Income Tax Return (ITR) acknowledgements or Form 16A of last 3 assessment years.

However, I only have Form 16A and ITR acknowledgement of 1 assessment year, as I was under the tax paying bracket before that, which means, I did not have to pay taxes, and therefore, didn't get a Form 16 from my employers and didn't file an ITR.

So, where and how can I explain this to the consulate? Will this be a problem?

  • Do you have payslips for the said period? – RedBaron Apr 24 '19 at 15:32
  • @RedBaron Not the full period, I have for about 15 months out of about 20 months for which I didn't have to pay tax. – Parthapratim Neog Apr 24 '19 at 15:34
  • Is that a continuous 15 months? If there's a gap, were you with the same employer over the time? – CSM Apr 24 '19 at 16:44
  • @CSM There's a 2 months gap in between, and I have been with two employers over the 15 month time period. – Parthapratim Neog Apr 24 '19 at 16:47